Bonded Fin Heat Sink
Bonded Fin Heat Sink
- Product Details
Bonded Fin Heat Sink
Ⅰ) Brief Introduction Of Bonded Fin Heat Sink
Bonded fin heat sink refers to the heat sink in which the fin and the base are formed separately and then connected together.
Ⅱ) Connection Method Of Bonded Fin Heat Sink
Bonded fin heat sinks are generally divided into three types according to the different fin connection methods.
1) Process of riveting fins: the fins and the base are formed separately, there are pre-formed grooves on the base, and then the product base is extruded through the die to tightly fix the fins on the base. The riveting fin process has a production speed. Fast, the fins can be special-shaped, and the thermal resistance is small, but more mold costs need to be invested.
2) Epoxy resin bonding process: the fins and the base are formed separately, there are pre-formed grooves on the base, and then a thin layer of epoxy resin is laid on the base, and the fins are inserted into the base grooves and fixed by tools , and it can be completed after the epoxy resin has solidified. The epoxy resin bonding process only requires simple fixing tools and machining, and the investment is low, but the production speed is slow, and the thermal resistance depends on the design scheme.
3) Low temperature brazing fin process: The fin and the base are separately formed, and there are pre-formed grooves on the base. If the base and the fin are made of aluminum, they need to be nickel-plated before welding. Print a thin layer of solder paste on the base groove, insert the fin into the base groove, fix it with a tool, and then put the fixed heat sink into the tunnel furnace. Compared with the first two processes, the welding fin process has the smallest thermal resistance, the fastest production speed, but the highest cost, which is suitable for high heat flux scenarios.
Ⅲ) Advantages Of Bonded Fin Heat Sinks
1. Compared with aluminum extruded heat sinks, the height of the fins of the bonded fin heat sink can be higher, which can reach more than 120MM, and the density of the heat sink fins can also be denser, which greatly increases the bonded fin heat sink. convective heat dissipation area.
2. Compared with the shovel tooth heat sink, the fins of the insert heat sink can be made thicker, which can improve the increase in conduction thermal resistance caused by the high heat dissipation fins.
3. Bonded fin heat sinks are generally used for forced convection heat sinks due to the higher and denser fins. When the fan has enough wind, the thermal resistance can be very low, which is suitable for high-power device heat dissipation scenarios.
4. The composition of the bonded fin heat sink can be aluminum fins, copper fins, copper bases, and aluminum bases. The composition is very flexible and can be selected according to the usage scenarios.
5. The fins are made of sheet metal or extrusion, and can be custom designed, which can be flat metal plates or special customized irregular shapes. Regis can customize your fins based on thermal performance requirements and package size height constraints, and for more complex designs Regis can extrude fins to specific shapes and lengths.
Ⅳ) Services And Capabilities Of Regis
Regis technical team has 15 years of experience in radiator design and manufacturing, and has maintained market-leading technology through years of cooperation with world-renowned companies. Can provide from thermal simulation, mechanical design optimization, production, testing and quality improvement, to customer after-sales service. At present, the company has more than 100 sets of processing equipment, and has more than 3,000 sets of various extrusion dies, cold forging dies, stamping dies and die-casting dies. Products are exported to more than 60 countries and regions around the world, serving more than 80 customers around the world.
1》 Design Services
- Computer Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps radiator research and development, reducing research and development costs and time
- Computer-aided design (CAD) provides guarantee for radiator structure design
- Passive Solutions for Increased Reliability
- Estimated cost of the product
- Reduce volume and weight
2》Sample design and reliability testing
- CMMs and precision measuring tools
- Thermal Resistance Test Equipment
- Hot Chamber Shock Testing and Cycling
- Salt Spray Testing for Corrosion Analysis
- State-of-the-art CNC machinery
- Strict quality management
- The latest production technology
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Sturdy packaging design